Candle Facts, Tips and Safety
A Little Bit About Our Candles
Where are they made?
Every single candle is hand poured in small batches in TELLiT candle's workshop right here in the USA
Why Soy Wax?
-It burns slower and longer giving you more time to enjoy your candle.
-It's a renewable source and American grown so it's kind to our farmers.
-It produces less black soot keeping your air free of toxins.
-It's biodegradable and cleans up easily with warm water so no worries about clothes, counter-tops or hands.
What's my candle made with?
-All of our candles have both pure essential oil and quality fragrance oil blends.
-All of our wicks are 100% cotton.
-We only use 100% soy wax.
How long will my candle burn?
-30-50 hours depending on size of candle, how many wicks are in your candle and proper candle care.
Characteristics of your Soy Candle
Soy wax has its own charm and character. It’s a natural product and is created from the beans of the soy plant. Like any all natural product, It has no additives so it may react differently with various oils or ingredients.
- Did you know candles have a memory? When you light your soy candle for the very first time, it is important to remember to burn it until the soy wax is melted across the entire top of the candle. For your candle this could mean at least 4 hours for the first time you light it. This allows your soy candle to get its full smell good potential! If a soy candle isn’t given a proper memory burn it will cause it to burn in a tunnel down the center and leave you with lots of wasted wax - and no one wants that! Pro-Tip: If your candle tunnels, cut up the wax no longer reaching the wick and throw it in to your wax melter. Dual Purpose!
- Candles made from soy wax naturally have a frosting and/or what looks like "wet spots" on the surface and around your candle. The wet spots are caused by shrinkage and air bubbles that occur as the wax is cooling inside the container. Part of the wax pulls away from the glassware and sticks to the container giving it this particular look. The frosting happens when the natural wax is recrystallizing and trying to return to its natural state. All soy waxes frost and is a sign that you are using 100% natural soy wax.
- Because we do not use any additives you may notice your soy wax change in color. This is just cosmetic and won't affect the scent or burn quality of your candle.
All of these possible reactions are normal for soy and are only cosmetic so they don’t in any way affect how your candle smells or burns.
Candle Care & Safety
- Drafts and/or extreme temperature changes can cause your candle to burn uneven and the fragrance will disperse leaving a poor scent flow. Try moving your candle to a draft-free location with plenty of air circulation.
- For an optimal burn keep candle wicks trimmed to a minimum ¼” and centered.
- Be careful not to trim your wick too short or the flame will drown.
- To avoid soot, make sure the wick is trimmed, the wax pool is free of debris and the candle is in a draft free spot.
- We suggest burning your candle no more than 4 hours at a time, and then allowing it to completely cool. Burning for longer than the recommended time could cause the glass to over-heat and crack.
- Discontinue use of a candle when ½” of wax remains at the bottom of the jar. This will prevent possible heat damage to the counter/surface or container itself. The glass can get hot on the bottom as the flame nears the base of the jar and most of the wax has been consumed and can crack.
- Never put the lid under the candle or use lid to extinguish flame as these are both fire hazards.
If you have any questions or just want to share your feedback, feel free to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org